Saturday, March 20, 2010

On Vineyard Time.

Martha's Vineyard, MA

" Some things simply do not translate.
You have to go to know."



If I were to describe Martha's Vineyard in one word it would be, magical.

After traveling to Europe and other various parts of the U.S. I suspected to find places with matched allure and beauty. And, not to be biased, but with the exception of the Amalfi Coast in Italy, I have yet to find one.


But the Vineyard and I have quite a history together.
One that draws deep sighs and fond memories from summers( and one winter) past. Each part of the island carries its own bit of charm.

At the first summer breeze, shoes come off ( permentantly), the salty brine lingers from the ocean, and I wish those scientists would hurry up with the invention of a teleporter. The Low Country heat starts to wear on me after a while.

1 comment:

  1. God I love this thing. Love your writing, love your photos, love your brain. Can't wait to see you soon.

    Yes. I has a blog too.

    ReplyDelete