Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Linda and Jay.



Charleston, SC

It helps tremendously when you have a photogenic city to photograph beautiful people. The "search" for a good place to shoot is
narrowed down to...well, everywhere.







We could not have picked a better day to shoot. It was a cliche really, birds chirping, convertible tops down, just enough breeze to gently kiss the wisps of our hair; not ruin it. We shot all over downtown Charleston, and a few in Mt. Pleasant. I LOVE when the couples I shoot know what they want out of the pictures, it makes my job easier, and much more fun. I simply kept my finger on the shutter and when the moment arose, snapped the picture. There was little directing on my part. Linda had each pose down to a science. We had the same eye. I would look at one spot and Linda was a half second ahead of me, "lets stop here!". click. click. click. Done. I may need to hire her. Jay was wonderfully patient. Men are much more photogenic than they think. His easy going attitude was wonderful to capture.

Few things rival the rapture of love. It holds its own story for everyone to bear witness and behold. Amazing that a four letter word could hold such power, and be so permeable to a human heart. Lately, or not so lately, there are the stories of broken hearts and lost love. It makes headlines, more often than the stories of ecstatic, goofy, pure, rock solid, and wonderful love. However, when one is a photographer, and one is in love...there are such things as rose colored glasses, or a rose colored lens. The world is still the same, but different. It is one thing to see a flower and define it as such. It is entirely another to see a flower and understand that for it to bloom and become what we see takes great strength and a little bit of faith. I would say love takes strength most of the time...and faith nearly all the time. But once its there, you never forget how it made you feel and you are thankful for the experience.

Big thanks and love to Linda and Jay for the complete experience of photographs, genuine laughter, and love. It shows...

5 comments:

  1. I don't you personally, but I want to say Thank you for the wonderful photographs of my daughter Linda and her finance. Linda & Jay mean the world to me and I am so happy that they will be married this October. As you said: genuine laughter and love shows, and you have captured it completely. Linda's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love of photography, and your love of love, clearly shows in your photos and words... yet another wonderful blog post, my dear friend. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that one near the top where she's laughing :) so great!

    xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete