Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Small Town Life.

" Is the small town a place, truly, of the world, or is it no more than something out of a girl's dreaming? All things beyond the dust, rust, and decay, beyond the top, beyond all sides beyond the bottom: outside, around, over, under within?"

Wakefield, RI

sigh...

Every time I think of Rhode Island I think of the little things. The oddities that set it apart from someone elses small town life, the crazy things, and the wonderful things. Who would have thought white stones in the outdoor shower would conjure such a feeling of home ( or homesickness depending on my geographical state).

I couldn't figure out where to begin this blog thingy. Do I start at the beginning? Chronologically? Randomly? Where are the instructions?!
Click what?!
Blog that?
How have other people been doing this? I have nearly 20,000 photos to choose from, and its slightly stressful to even try and sift through them. I have a problem with decision making, I'm working on it.

I decided I don't care how "other people" have been designing their blogs. Its mine...i keep forgetting that. Okay so I figured I'd start with a few photos from my hometown of Wakefield. Mostly because I was feeling a little nostalgic about home. And you may as well start at the beginning when you've got a clean slate to start with...

These few photos make me realize I have this insatiable desire to travel. immediately. I mean throw a few pairs of pants, some shirts, shoes (maybe), underwear (definitley) and drive. Or hitchhike...shhh don't tell. It might be a blip on the radar but, Wakefield is a wonderful little town. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I would have never thought that while I lived there. It was a black hole of boringness while I was there and you couldn't convince me otherwise. But now, I'm SURE there are more cool small towns out there somewhere. I've heard rumors.


No comments:

Post a Comment