Saturday, April 30, 2011

{Kim and Jim.}

Mount Pleasant, SC




The brief photography hiatus is over. Actually you could probably say there never was one. But It had been a few months since I had photographed a wedding. And my process beforehand usually includes a mini meltdown consisting of calling my sister to talk me off the ledge and tell me "yes, you do know how to use a camera".... Once that first stage is over, (it usually doesn't last long), I chide myself for thinking such irrational thoughts, realize how excited I am for the wedding and morph into the "Ashley-photographer mode"; process complete.



I, like many other guests of the wedding, found myself doing a rain dance the morning of April 9th. There was talk of 60mph winds and golf ball sized hail. The only golf balls we wanted to have present at the wedding were the ones at the golf course, and not flying through the air at us. Thankfully we did not have to worry about any adverse weather conditions and the day went on beautifully.

I often have couples who have rules, limits, or some kind of stipulation to go along with the photographing of the wedding. I am informed of their "good side" or where exactly we are to stand to photograph the entire ceremony...etc. Kim and Jim were as easy going as any photographer could ask for. It made for a creative and fun filled evening. There were photos with Civil War soldiers, reading books in Barnes and Noble, reclined in lounge chairs, and it is not every wedding I can say that I danced with the bride.


I love, love. Lets just be honest.
I tear up at every wedding for so many reasons. There are so many details that make every wedding unique, different, wonderful. I would have never thought to have steel drums play at my wedding, Kim and Jim did and it was perfect for them. There was some of the best dancing I had seen in a long time, complete with the wedding guests in full costume for the YMCA. And instead of rice or flowers tossed in the air for their send off....lavender.

You left feeling loved. And you can't say that for every wedding. That is the all time, most wanted feeling when you are surrounded by people who have made your life beautiful. That is the glue that holds every bit of the day together, everything is its own separate entity until it becomes bound by pure, strong love. It was unmistakable; something no one could miss.

Congrats to you both Kim and Jim!! May your laughing wall be full of moments from this day.





And of course, HUGE thanks to Dustin Ryan for your amazing photography skills and comic relief all night long; much appreciated!


6 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Ashley!! I can't wait to see the rest. Thank you! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ashley'. Love the ring photo! Do you think we could haul a clawfootin to black rock? Just sayin......

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures..they really show the love and happiness that ooze from Jim and Kim's pores for each other and their family...I am more than proud to have Jim as a brother and to have Kim as my new SISTER! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures but then isn't happiness beautiful? and the day was gorgeous too. What a wonderful Mother's Day present early. Welcome to the family, Kim. Proud of you both. Jim's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent photos! & the day really was as much fun as these photos show! Best wishes to Jim and Kim - an beautiful start to a beautiful life together!!

    ReplyDelete