Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dustin and Melinda.

Charleston, SC
Boone Hall Plantation.



Google tells me there are 65million results for the definition of love. This is not entirely surprising, I rely on Google for just about everything. But I do, however, think that is an alarming number of definitions for something that can be seen so clearly by the naked eye. If I had narrowed down the search to what "kind" of love I was referring too, perhaps my results would be a little more specific. But I am not one for lengthy definitions, or following the directions for that matter. I would imagine my definition for love would have to be visually based. And also biased...


To be biased and completely choose favorites, Dustin and Melinda have that envious all inclusive package.


The night held an irrefutable presence of love. And from the moment I set foot onto the Cotton Dock, I knew that this feeling was not just because it was a wedding. I became a part of a family that loved the two of them so unconditionally. This was the kind of love that manifests in a lifetime, rather than one singular event. All the dancing and the laughter was magnified simply by the underlying understanding that everyone loves who they are, together, as a family. It was beautiful. It left me speechless and in awe of their effortless ability to be themselves, to be present so completely that they had more fun than they could have ever imagined.


Under the banner of a Charleston sunset, nearly as silhouetted as the trees, they were married. Life has taken yet another wonderful turn. A family is created and there is not much else you could ask for out of a night like that...I certainly shed a tear or two of happiness for them. They are quite deserving of it.



Congrats Dustin and Melinda Ryan. Many many years of happiness for you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment